We have the highest expectations of all students, and firmly believe in the connection between excellent attendance and punctuality, a structured daily routine, and high achievement.
- Attendance – all students should aim for 100% attendance. 95% is the minimum expectation. Sustained attendance below 95% will trigger contact with parents.
- Punctuality – all students should aim for 100% punctuality. Two or more lates in any one week will result in a one-hour late detention after school, and persistent lateness will trigger further appropriate sanctions.
- Conduct – as emerging adults and senior members of the school, all Sixth Form students are expected to conduct themselves at all times in a manner appropriate to their status. Respect, courtesy and kindness are key school values, and Sixth Form students have a particular responsibility to set an example and act as positive role models for younger students, and to foster and maintain helpful relationships with our neighbours.
- Work – it is expected that all students will complete all their work to the best of their ability and submit it on time
- Independent Study –when not engaged in lessons, all students are expected to be on-site, working in the Sixth Form Centre or the School Library.
- Aspirations – all students should aspire to achieve their full potential and take full advantage of the many opportunities on offer in the Sixth Form. Comprehensive support in careers information, advice and guidance is available to all students, as is a full programme related to higher education applications.